CANELO ALVAREZ and Gennady Golovkin finally do battle in their eagerly-awaited trilogy fight on Saturday night.
And this third bout ends five years of drama between the pair, who will contest the bout up at super-middleweight.
Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin are fighting for a THIRD time on Saturday night[/caption]
The pair began their rivalry in 2017 when their first fight ended in a contentious split draw, with most spectators believing Golovkin to be the worthy winner.
And they had a rematch, which Alvarez won by majority decision, a year later.
That fight was also a close one, and since then, Alvarez has moved up a weight class and since become undisputed champion at super-middleweight.
Golovkin, meanwhile, has unified the titles at middleweight again, but he’ll finally get a third crack at Alvarez later this year, albeit at 40 years old.
He’ll be buoyed by the fact, however, that his Mexican foe just lost to light-heavyweight Dmitry Bivol, and will have to come back down for a huge fight with ‘GGG’.
Read more Canelo vs GGG
Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin latest odds, best free bets & sign-up offers
How much is Gennady Golovkin getting for big Canelo trilogy fight?
When is Canelo vs Golovkin 3?
- Alvarez’s huge trilogy clash with Golovkin will take place on Saturday, September 17, 2022.
- The T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas plays host, just like the two previous contests between the pair.
- In the UK, the fight will get underway in the early hours of the morning on September 18.
- Expect ring-walks to commence at around 4.30am UK time.
CANELO VS GGG 3 LATEST ODDS AND SIGN UP OFFERS
What live stream and TV channel is Canelo vs Golovkin 3 on?
- Alvarez vs Golovkin will be shown live on DAZN PPV in the UK.
- The fight costs £9.99 on top of your DAZN subscription.
- You can live stream the action from the DAZN app, which is available for download onto your mobile, tablet device and Smart TV.
- In the US, the fight will be available to watch on DAZN PPV.
What happened at the weigh in?
Moving up to super-middle, GGG came in marginally the heavier man.
GGG weighed in 167.8lbs, while Canelo was 167.4lbs.
The weight limit was 168lbs.
Canelo vs Golovkin 3 FULL CARD
- Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III (12 rounds – super-middleweight, WBA, WBO, IBF, WBC, Ring Magazine titles)
- Jesse Bam Rodriguez vs Israel Gonzalez (12 rounds – super-flyweight, WBC title)
- Ammo Williams vs Kieron Conway (10 rounds – middleweight)
- Diego Pacheco vs Enrique Collazo (10 rounds – super middleweight)
- Ali Akhmedov vs Gabriel Rosado (10 rounds – super middleweight)
- Marc Castro vs Kevin Montiel Mendoza (8 rounds – lightweight)
Most read in Boxing
Tyson Fury and wife Paris in sweet tribute to The Queen as they lay flowers
Watch Fury spar with unbeaten welterweight Paddy Donovan ahead of AJ fight
WEIGHT FOR IT
How boxing is stumbling towards 2 biggest fights in heavyweight history
JOS TAKE IT
Joshua accepts Fury fight because he 'feels this is the only chance he'll get'
'SYK OF HIM
Usyk slams Fury for robbing fans of undisputed world heavyweight title fight
Fury thinks AJ is already running scared ahead of all-Brit heavyweight fight
What has been said?
“I feel very happy and proud to be able to give the best fights and this fight won’t be an exception,” said Canelo.
And Golovkin has simply said: “I hope to see you on September 17.”
Promoter Eddie Hearn added: “The Canelo vs GGG trilogy is the biggest fight in boxing and I am delighted to get this made for September 17.
“These are two men that bitterly dislike each other and want to end this incredible series with a blistering KO.
“I truly believe this will be the most thrilling fight between these two great champions and it will be fireworks from the first bell to the last man standing.”