ENGLAND has been positioned into nationwide lockdown THREE instances because the begin of the coronavirus pandemic. Prime Minister Boris Johnson will unveil his four-step plan to ease restrictions throughout the nation later at the moment. Learn our coronavirus stay weblog for the […]
ENGLAND has been positioned into nationwide lockdown THREE instances because the begin of the coronavirus pandemic.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson will unveil his four-step plan to ease restrictions throughout the nation later at the moment.
Learn our coronavirus stay weblog for the most recent information & updates…
England has been below lockdown since November 5[/caption]
When did the UK lockdown begin?
The primary lockdown began on March 23, 2020 and the restrictions lasted into July.
The second UK lockdown was introduced on October 31, regardless of the Prime Minister vowing to do “every little thing in his energy” to keep away from the measures.
The measures got here into drive on Thursday, November 5, and ended on December 2.
On January 4, 2021, a 3rd nationwide lockdown was confirmed.
What have the restrictions been because the starting?
- Boris Johnson introduced the primary nationwide lockdown on March 23 – ordering Brits to remain at residence, banned gatherings of greater than two folks, and closed all non-essential retail.
- The lockdown guidelines had been reviewed each three weeks till Might 28 the place the PM introduced additional plans to carry sure measures.
- On June 1, folks from completely different households had been capable of meet in teams of six in gardens and out of doors areas.
- Non-essential retailers – together with toys, furnishings, charity, betting and garments – had been allowed to open from June 15.
- Masks had been made obligatory on public transport from June 15, and in indoor settings equivalent to retailers a month later.
- A raft of recent modifications had been launched on October 12, together with the three-tired native lockdown system.
- A tier-three lockdown is a kind of restriction that sees pubs shut together with different measures designed to cut back the unfold of coronavirus.
- Liverpool Metropolis Area was the primary area to be positioned below Tier three lockdown, and was adopted by Higher Manchester and Lancashire.
- London was positioned below Tier 2 on October 17 which noticed a ban on family mixing indoors.
- Brits are suggested to remain at residence, with all non-essential retail, eating places and bars closed.
- Folks should not depart their residence aside from particular functions together with work and volunteering, fulfilling authorized obligations, important actions equivalent to searching for meals, training and childcare, assembly others in your help bubble, medical causes, and occasions equivalent to attending a spot of worship for particular person prayer, a funeral, or a deathbed wedding ceremony.
- Hairdressers and wonder salons are additionally closed.
- A piece-from-home order is in place.
- Like the primary lockdown, colleges, faculties and universities are shut.
MOST READ IN NEWS
Every part you should find out about at the moment's announcement from colleges to retailers
Queen in uncommon TV particular hours earlier than Meghan and Harry's explosive Oprah interview
'Keep at residence' message ditched subsequent month to let 'rule of six' meet open air
At the very least 800 die defending 'Ark of the Covenant' amid bloodbath in Ethiopia
MARCH TO FREEDOM
PM to unveil lockdown roadmap however may 'slam brakes' – all the important thing dates
How lengthy will the third UK lockdown final?
In a televised handle to the nation on January 4, 2021, Boris Johnson stated folks will solely be allowed out of their houses to purchase important meals and medication provides, attend medical appointments, train, work whether it is essential and can’t be performed from residence and to supply look after a weak particular person.
All colleges and non-essential retailers at the moment are closed however nurseries can stay open.
Brits are anticipated to seek out out a extra particular date for the tip of lockdown when the Prime Minister addresses the nation at 7pm on Monday, February 22.
It’s understood that lockdown easing may take FOUR months – with restrictions eased in levels each 5 weeks.
The hole between every stage of easing is anticipated to be 5 weeks – which means it may very well be 4 months till lockdown is totally lifted on June 21.
Regional tiers have been ditched and all elements of England will start the phased return to normality collectively.
The rule of six is anticipated to be reintroduced throughout Britain for out of doors gatherings from March 29.
Closed retailers pictured on an empty New Bond Avenue, London as England continues one other lockdown[/caption]
Has the UK been on lockdown like this earlier than?
That is the third time the nation has been in a lockdown in only a matter of months.
The final time the UK and Europe has needed to cope with a pandemic on this scale was the outbreak of the Spanish Flu in 1918.
Round 50million folks died and virtually 40 per cent of the world’s inhabitants had been contaminated.
We’ve had just a few shut calls with sicknesses like swine flu in 2009-10, but it surely wasn’t on the identical scale as coronavirus.