News

Victoria’s Secret saved by Subsequent – and also you’ll be capable of purchase it in outlets and on-line

Victoria’s Secret saved by Next – and you’ll be able to buy it in shops and online


HIGH road retailer Subsequent has agreed to purchase struggling lingerie model Victoria’s Secret in a transfer that may save its UK outlets and web site.

As well as, The Solar understands there are plans to inventory Victoria’s Secret’s merchandise in Subsequent shops and on its web site.

PA:Press Affiliation

Victoria’s Secret Vogue Present held at Pier 94 in New York in 2018[/caption]

It comes after the lingerie firm plunged into administration on June 5 this yr after struggling through the coronavirus disaster.

The transfer put 800 jobs and 25 shops in danger, though outlets have continued to commerce all through the administration.

However now Subsequent has agreed to purchase a majority 51% stake within the firm’s UK enterprise, with L Manufacturers – the mum or dad firm of Victoria’s Secret – remaining in command of the ultimate 49%.

The transfer will save 500 jobs, in addition to the UK Victoria’s Secret web site.

The place are Victoria's Secret's UK shops?

HERE are the places of Victoria Secret's 25 UK shops:

  • Bluewater Buying Centre x2
  • Brent Cross Buying Centre
  • Buchanan Road
  • Bullring Birmginham
  • Cabot Circus
  • Churchill Sq.
  • Grafton Road
  • Grand Arcade
  • Lakeside Buying Centre
  • Liverpool One Church Road
  • Manchester Arndale x2
  • Meadowhall
  • Metrocentre
  • Milton Keynes
  • New Bond Road and Brook Road
  • St David’s Dewi Saint
  • The Oracle
  • Trafford Centre
  • Trinity Leeds
  • Westgate Centre Oxford
  • Westfield London
  • Westfield Stratford
  • West Quay Southampton

It’s additionally hoped the sale will allow the 25 shops to proceed buying and selling, though that is dependant on discussions with the corporate’s landlords.

Some 300 roles, nonetheless, stay in danger.

The deal can be topic to regulatory settlement, so actual particulars nonetheless must be confirmed and are topic to vary. 

Victoria’s Secret had already furloughed 785 of its 800 employees earlier than Deloitte was known as in three months in the past for a “gentle contact” administration.

Victoria’s Secret’s international shops exterior of the UK are unaffected.

Martin Waters, chief government of L Manufacturers worldwide, stated: “We’re happy to take this subsequent step in our revenue enchancment plan for Victoria’s Secret.

“Subsequent’s capabilities and expertise within the UK market are substantial, and our partnership will present significant progress alternatives for the enterprise.”

Lord Simon Wolfson, chief government of Subsequent PLC, added: “Subsequent may be very happy on the prospect of working in partnership to develop the Victoria’s Secret model within the UK and Eire each in shops and on-line.”

Rob Harding, administrator at Deloitte, stated: “This is a perfect method to safe the way forward for greater than 500 staff within the UK. 

“We’re grateful to the collectors for working with us to ship an answer that permits this enterprise to outlive and prosper.”


The deal comes as worrying new analysis from the Institute for Employment Research warns how half one million folks might lose their jobs throughout the UK this autumn.

Airways, retailers, banks and eating places have minimize 1000’s of jobs, leaving Brits frightened about their future working prospects.

Against this, supermarkets have seen a growth in earnings, with Co-op, Tesco, Asda and Morrisons all creating momentary or everlasting jobs through the pandemic.