News

Man, 30, died after downing total 70cl bottle of Jack Daniel’s whiskey in lower than 5 seconds

Man, 30, died after downing entire 70cl bottle of Jack Daniel’s whiskey in less than five seconds


A MAN has died after downging a complete 70cl bottle of Jack Daniel’s whiskey in lower than 5 seconds, an inquest has heard.

Bin man Samuel Davis, 30, died in hospital on November 29, 2019 after consuming the bottle of whiskey.

Alamy

Samuel Davis died after consuming a bottle of Jack Daniel’s in lower than 5 seconds[/caption]

The Christchurch, Dorset man was greater than seven occasions over the authorized drink-driving restrict when he died, with 609 micrograms of alcohol per 100ml of blood.

In the course of the inquest at Bournemouth City Corridor, Dorset coroner Rachael Griffin mentioned she had by no means seen something prefer it earlier than.

Mr Davis’ stepfather Stephen Lillington mentioned the trauma of his mom’s loss of life in 2016 prompted him to drink closely.

“He may by no means have only one or two… he would drink himself incapable,” Mr Lillington mentioned.

On the day he died, Mr Davis was off work and consumed a complete bottle of whiskey within the morning.

He then went to a good friend’s home the place he had one or two beers earlier than downing a full bottle of Jack Daniel’s in lower than 5 seconds.

Ms Griffin mentioned: “Shortly after that it was obvious he was considerably intoxicated, a lot in order that his stepfather got here to gather him and he collapsed.”

His stepfather then drove him house and determined to depart him asleep contained in the automotive.

About 20 minutes later, Mr Lillington went to check out Mr Davis and located him unresponsive.

Parademics have been referred to as and 7 ambulance employees lifted him out of the automotive.


By the point they eliminated him, he had not been respiration for almost an hour.

He was taken to the Royal Bournemouth Hospital the place he was pronounced lifeless.

Ms Griffin mentioned the alcohol had an “instant impression” on Mr Davis and prompted his sudden loss of life.

Getty Photos – Getty

Mr Davis was rushed to hospital however was later pronounced lifeless[/caption]